these Chocolate Coconut Date Balls are Vegan – Gluten Free – Soy Free – Refined Sugar Free and the perfect grab n go bite of energy! super easy to make!
It’s the beginning of August! August is my favorite month because usually it’s the hottest month out of summer which makes me one happy girl!
I wanted to make something that was easy but also super healthy and satisfying for when the sweet tooth hits! These Chocolate Coconut Date Balls and just the perfect amount of sweetness!
And they are great when you need a sweet little pick me up in the middle of doing projects around the house!
Speaking on projects around the house, we have taken on a couple projects this summer! We started to re-do our bathroom and clean out a “storage room” which in my opinion is just a nice word for keeping too much crap you don’t need lol … Yeah some things like holiday decorations legitimately are storage room things but 7 times outa 10 … things you just don’t know what to do with end up in there 😉
Anyone else like that???
Have you done any projects this summer?!
So anywaysss about these tasty little treats! …
Super quick and easy
Super nice to have on hand!
I really hope you try these and let me know what you think! 😉
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don’t forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
- 10 pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut shreds/flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tbsp enjoy life vegan mini chocolate chips
- Stevia or other sweetener of choice but not necessary just adds extra sweetness
- Extra for rolling in
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- OR optional:
- If you would like, you can melt chocolate and roll them in chocolate instead and place them in the freezer for an hour to set the chocolate and then store in the fridge!
- In a food processor add your pitted dates, coconut flour, cocoa powder and vanilla and process until it turns into a well combined thick sticky mixture (do not over process or it will get too oily from the dates, just until forms a dough like consistency)
- Add in chocolate chips and process a little bit until mostly mixed in
- Remove blades from food processor and begin to roll into balls a little smaller then a golf ball
- Roll each ball into the extra rolling flour and place in the fridge for about 1 hour (or roll in melted chocolate)
- Store extras in the fridge up to 10 days
disclaimer: some links on this page may be affiliate links