Healthy Detox Quinoa Bowl, super quick and easy to prepare, left overs are great the next day, only 9 ingredients! Vegan and Gluten Free.
I love being able to make extra of certain things so lunch or dinner is already done the next day!
Quinoa is one of my go-to healthy essentials that you can pretty much add anything too and it will tastes great!
I added a bunch of textures to this bowl, crunch from the walnuts, spicy from the onion, juicy from the tomato and creamy from the avocado! And the dressing is light a fresh with a hint of lime!
It is perfect for lunch, I usually make a decent amount so I can store it in the fridge for lunch the next 2 days as well.
I love using quinoa because it’s a complete protein food, it contains all 9 of the essential amino acids, it also contains almost twice the amount of fiber than most other grains.
It has iron, lysine, magnesium and riboflavin (B2) and a high content of manganese as well!
(Info was from mindbodygreen.com)
As I am trying to incorporate more healthy foods into my diet I’ll continue to share little bits and pieces of what I learn from researching things, but don’t worry it won’t get to be too much because I am a believer that knowing too much isn’t always a good thing! I like to stick to the basics in life otherwise I tend to get a little obsessive thinking over things! AND FOOD IS MEANT TO BE ENJOYED!!! 😉
Anyways you totally need to try this because not only does it taste great and has a lot of health benefits but it’s EASY and you can prepare extra to store in the fridge!
So when you try it, take a pic and tag me on IG! @TwoRaspberries #TwoRaspberries and sign up for emails BELOW so you never miss anything! XXX
- 1 cup dry red quinoa I like the TruRoots brand (read package for instructions on how to cook, usually 1 cup dry is 2 cups water)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ chopped red onion
- 1 large tomato chopped (or two small ones)
- 1 whole avocado chopped up
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Prepare you quinoa according to directions on your package, min was 1 cup dry to 2 cups water brought to a boil and si merged with a cover for 20 minutes
- While quinoa is cooking, chop your walnuts, onion, tomato, and avocado and set aside
- Prepare dressing by mixing olive oil, like juice, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mixing really well and set aside
- Once quinoa is done, you can either plate it like pictured above or you can mix everything together in a large bowl (I generally mix everything, the separation was mainly for the pictures).
- Serves 2 large serving or 4 small sides
Great served with warm quinoa or cold from the fridge, I prefer from the fridge!
everything to love about quinoa!
you might also like these: