Easy Broccoli Salad with Almond Lemon Dressing- super healthy! broccoli, almonds, grapes, onions and almond butter lemon dressing! Quick to make. Vegan + GF
I gotta say I am pretty happy about this weather, I mean the days have been getting longer and less grey and gloomy what more could I ask for?! Bring on summer and sunshine till 9 p.m.!!! 😉
SOOOO…Broccoli salads are usually mixed up with some kind of mayo dressing mixture…. BUT not today my friends!
Today we are using a almond lemon dressing and I think you are going to love it! 😉
For the broccoli, you can totally use it raw if you would like but I personally don’t care for raw broccoli so in this Easy Broccoli Salad I decided to steam the broccoli and it is SO amazing! Don’t worry the recipe instructions explain how to do this if you don’t have a steamer pot, because I totally don’t have one either…yet!
With the broccoli in this salad is red onion (Y-U-M) for extra crisp flavor, grapes for freshness especially since we steamed the broccoli and almond for crunch cause’ we can’t forget that crunch factor!
Let’s talk about the dressing for a minute shall we?! … Almond butter and lemon I mean seriously…it’s amazing. As you can see I also topped it with more lemon wedges which I totally recommend because it’s a very mild lemon flavor in the actual dressing, but the two of them (almond + lemon) is a completely un-expected-ly (not even a word?) wen really well together!
This Easy Broccoli Salad with Almond Lemon Dressing is:
EASY + tasty!
quick to prepare.
Comforting (steamed broccoli), fresh (grapes), crisp (onion), crunchy (almonds) and totally delicious!
as always if you try this please let me know what you think in the comments/ratings below I love hearing from ya’ and snap a pic to tag me on social media I love seeing what you make!
- 1 big head of broccoli or 2 smaller heads (about 4-5 cups worth)
- ⅓ of a red onion
- ½ cup almonds
- 1½ cups grapes
- Scallions or green onions
- 3½ TBSP water
- juice of 1 small lemon (about 3 TBSP)
- 1 TBSP natural runny almond butter
- ½ tsp onion powder
- pinch of pepper
- Start by washing all ingredients that need washing. Chop up the broccoli heads into small piece. (if using them raw you can add to a large bowl, I actually steamed mine by placing them in a pot with a couple oz. of water and a lid, low heat for about 10 minutes to soften them up, either option you prefer is ok)
- Next chop the rest of the ingredients, onion, grapes, almonds and scallions.
- prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients into a small bowl and whisking really well until it all comes together and forms a runny drizzle sauce.
- if you were steaming broccoli it should be done by now, be sure to drain water left over in the bottom and add broccoli to a large mixing bowl, add in the rest of the chopped ingredients and drizzle sauce over the top. Either mix it all up or leave the sauce drizzled on top for presentation and mix before serving.
- makes about 6-8 cups worth.