Healthy Broccoli Corn Rice is simple and refreshing with a hint of lemon. It is low sodium, low fat, vegan and gluten free.
“be the inspiration and set the example of what you want to see in this world!”
Today I am going to show you a healthier not-so-fried-rice! The reason I say “not fried” rice, is because this rice is not drenched in salty-make-you-feel-all-puffy and swollen soy sauce! I did add an optional tamari sauce to the recipe for those of you who think it’s just crazy to skip it, but trust me you don’t need as much as your friends at the take out place put on the rice!
I personally don’t even use it, I love the clean fresh flavors with a hint of seasoning and a drizzle of lemon! It’s a whole new world when you begin to love the taste of real foods! I promise! 😉
Anyways, this Healthy Broccoli Corn Rice is super simple, I like to make big batches of rice (or quinoa) and keep them in the fridge so they are ready to make healthy dishes like this, and make them super-fast for lunch instead of reaching for something less healthy… like packaged foods or pretzels… empty non-filling calories.
This rice comes together really quickly when you have the rice pre-cooked. You just grab a skillet, spray some non-stick spray and add the onion, corn, peas, broccoli or whatever veggies you already have on hand! Let it cook down a little (depending if you want it cooked well or left more raw) and then you add the rice with the seasonings and let it warm up!
It’s simple! I also like to pair my meals with leafy greens on the side for more nutrients and fiber, as well as a little bit of avocado for a creamy texture! And Sesame seeds 😉 they have so many nutrition benefits that I love to sprinkle some on top.
This Healthy Broccoli Corn Rice is:
Fast to make
Filling + satisfying
Great to make in advance and keep for lunch the next two days
Oil free, salt free (if you don’t use the tamari) low fat!
ALSO check out some similar recipes by scrolling to the bottom of this page where I have posted a couple extra pictures of recipe you may like! 😉
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and always make it your own put your own spin on it! Share a pic with me on social media and leave me a comment and rating below! Thank you so much beautiful people! 😉
I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think!
Leave a comment and a rating if you do try this!
Also take a pic and tag us on social media!
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don’t forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
- - 2 cups cooked brown rice
- - 1 cup corn (low/no salt can or frozen)
- - 1 cup frozen peas
- - 1 ½ cup tiny chopped fresh broccoli
- - ¼ white onion chopped
- - Salt/pepper to taste
- - 1 tsp onion powder
- - Juice from ½ a large lemon (or more to taste)
- - Optional: 1 tbsp low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- SERE WITH:
- - Lettuce (I used spring mix)
- - Lemon slices
- - Avocado slices
- - Sesame seeds sprinkled over the top
- Cook brown rice according to directions (I always wash my brown rice and I also usually add a little less water than what it calls for cooking on stove top)
- Let the brown rice cool!
- In a skillet add the corn, peas, onion, and broccoli and let cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the rice and mix it all up.
- Add in the seasonings and let cook until warm and slightly fragrant. About 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Serve with lettuce, lemon, avocado and sesame seeds. (sesame seeds have a lot of great health benefits)
- Serves 2-4