These Healthy Quinoa Chickpea Burgers are made with quinoa, onion, mushroom and a hint of chili spice! Healthy, protein and fibre rich, easy, vegan and GF!
It’s time for another burger!!! So being completely honest I never know if I should call these burgers or patty’s? Because they are kind of both… what do you think? Leave me a comment. 😉
Either way, it’s been a while… actually I think it was around this time last year that I posted my Sweet Potato Curry Burgers and Chili Pineapple Burgers… so it must just be this time of year that I start craving them. 😉
These Healthy Quinoa Chickpea Burgers thoughhhhh 😉 they are SO easy to make and the ingredients could not be any more simple! They literally take me about 10 minutes to whip up and pop in the oven, then they just bake for about 40 minutes! I really love to freeze these and use them to make my salads more filling + flavorful, although once they are frozen and re-heated they are a little bit dry but not enough to bother me personally, they are kind of like an oil free/baked falafel.
I’m also really into using chickpeas lately because they are not only really versatile in how you use them, like in burgers like this, or baked and topped on salads or even turned into hummus, they are great! But they are also a really great source of fibre and protein especially if you are vegan and we all know we need protein to build strong hair, skin and nails! (just not overloaded amounts like some people seem to think now days HA) 😉
Pair chickpeas with quinoa (which is also a complete protein) and you got a power house burger here! … maybe that’s what I should have called this instead of Chickpea Burger!
I really think you are going to love these Healthy Quinoa Chickpea Burgers, they are:
super EASY PEEZY
filling + satisfying
packed with protein + fibre = HEALTHY!
great as a burger or topped on salads to make things more interesting!
as always, if you make these leave me a comment and rating below I really appreciate it, also snap a pic and tag me on social media I love seeing what you make!
- 1 can (15 oz.) of chickpeas/garbanzo beans drained + rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ of a purple onion chopped
- ½ cup of mushrooms chopped (I used small white button mushrooms)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP natural runny tahini
- Extra toppings: lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, anything else you like!
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make quinoa if it’s not already made.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, place in a food processor and pulse until broken up, a few chunks is ok.
- Chop onion and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl add everything (all ingredients) and mix well.
- form patty/burger shapes and place on lined baking sheet, place in oven for 40-45 minutes until crisp on the outside.
- Serve on a salad or a burger.
- Makes 6-8 burgers