These Healthy Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are oil free, vegan and gluten free topped with avocado and a sweet tahini sauce.
Friendssss! I think you are going to love this baked sweet potato topped with quinoa, avocado and tahini dressing!!! 😉
It’s actually pretty easy to make, while the sweet potatoes are baking you get everything else prepared and then once they are done you just put everything together and enjoy. It really is that easy!
Ok, lets talk about how to bake the sweet potato for a second, get a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Next you can either slice the sweet potato in half and bake it like that or you can bake them whole… either way it really doesn’t matter but what does matter is that you cook it at a low temp of 350 degrees F for 60-80 minutes until a fork goes in nice and smooth and it’s fully cooked in the center. The reason we cook at a lower temp is because we don’t want burnt crispy skins of these because that’s just not very tasty! 😉
While the sweet potatoes are baking you can get everything else ready! Cook the quinoa, chop the veggies and prepare the dressing! When the potatoes are done/cooled you just need to serve it all up!
I think you are going to love how easy this is and how tasty the dressing is paired with the creamy avocado, sweet-sweet potato and earthy quinoa flavors. Everything really does compliment each other so well in this dish!
Thinking about it, this Tahini dressing would actually be really tasty on my 5 Ingredient Sweet Potato Spinach Quinoa Salad! I’m going to have to give that a try! 😉
Anyways, that’s it! I really hope you give it a try and loveeee it! as always snap a pic and show me on social media if you do, I love seeing + hearing from you all!
Connect with me! I Love seeing what you make and chatting with you! also don’t forget to drop your email in the box across the top so you never miss any updates AND you get TWO free eBooks!
- - 2 medium sweet potatoes
- - ½ cup dry quinoa (rinsed and cooked in water or veggies broth for more flavor)
- - 3-5 small mushrooms chopped up
- - ⅓ of a red/purple onion chopped up
- - ¼ tsp onion powder (1/4 garlic optional)
- black pepper
- ½ ripe avocado mashed up
- 1 TBSP natural runny tahini
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp water (until desired consistency is reached
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 60-80 minutes until a fork goes in easily and it is soft.
- Rinse the quinoa and add it to a pot with either water or low sodium veggie broth for more flavor. (cook according to directions on your package)
- While quinoa is cooking chop the mushrooms and onion.
- once quinoa is basically done add the mushrooms, quinoa and onion powder/ pepper to the pot and give it a stir and place top back on pot and let steam with NO heat on for about 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare mashed avocado by putting avocado in a small bowl and mashing. Prepare tahini dressing by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl and optional put in a baggy to make drizzling over the top easier. (see video)
- Once sweet potatoes are done, let cool and then one cool enough to handle mash the center and form a little spot for the quinoa mixture to go into.
- Top with mashed avocado and tahini drizzle.
- serve on a bed of lettuce
- serves 2 people!