These Oil Free Roasted Carrot Fry’s are out of this world! Healthy snack, easy to make, paired with a red pepper hummus dip. Vegan plus gluten free.
Meet your new favorite Fry… the carrot fry! 😉
YASSSS these slightly spicy super tasty carrot fry and the best little veggie fry you could ask for!
They mimic a traditional sweet potato fry so very well and they are a sweet switch from a potato fry.
They are definitely more sweet so that is why I choose to use a red pepper hummus dip because it even out the sweet and savory flavors!
You may have seen carrot fries before but generally they have some kind of oil on them and it really isn’t necessary… yeah you want some fats in your diet obviously but that’s why we used a hummus dip because it adds a nice savory flavor to the sweet fry but also adds some healthy fats and protein … you could basically eat this as a meal if you wanted too, or pair it on the side of one of my burgers like my onion garlic black bean one! YUM!!!
So for these carrot fry you want to use the large carrots (not the tiny finger sized ones) if you want to peel the skin off you can, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t it just depends on how the outside skin looks lol.
Next you want to slice them length wise, you may want to cut them in half first because it will be a shorter distance to cut the long way, then you cut each half in half again to form fry shaped pieces!
You want to line a baking sheet with parchment paper because this will help to not let them stick!
Carrots are usually juicy enough that you don’t need to put oil on them for the spices to stick to them, (if they are dry-they are old ha) so sprinkle the spices over the carrots and give them a toss using your hands just to make sure they are coated in the spices! and that’s it, you bake them, make the dip real quick and you have a healthy, easy, nourishing snack!
OK! I really hope you enjoy these Oil Free Roasted Carrot Fry’s! If you give them a try I would love to hear from you in the comments and ratings section below what you thought! also snap a pic and connect with me on social media! 😉
- use as many carrots as you would like for as many fry’s as you would like, there are no exact measurements here!
- WHAT YOU NEED:
- - Large carrots peeled and sliced into fry shapes.
- -onion, garlic, chili powder and pepper to sprinkle on top
- for the DIP:
- - 1½ TBSP roasted red pepper hummus
- - 1 TBSP lemon juice
- mixed up in a small bowl to make a thin dipping sauce (like the consistency of a ranch dressing)
- pre-heat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Simply take large carrots washed and skin peeled.
- Slice them length wise in half and then slice each piece lengthwise in half again forming long french fry shapes. (you may want to cut them in half before slicing lengthwise if you have trouble slicing a piece that long)
- place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper over the top of them and use your hand to toss the fry’s around trying to get each piece coated.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until soft but still firm and not soggy.
- Make dip once fry are done and cooling.