These Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are healthy, easy to make and will totally remind you of your favorite childhood snack, PB&J sandwich! Vegan + GF
I have been wanting to do Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins foreverrrr I’ve already done classic Blueberry muffins AND GF Blueberry muffins as well as Chocolate Chocolate Chip but there is just something so classic about anything PB&J and I think it holds a special place in most of our lives weather its our go-to snack or a child hood memory… peanut butter and jelly are just always so special together! 😉
So FINALLY here are the muffins! I think you are going to love how easy these are just like a PB&J sandwich is.
First I want to skip all the details and tell you how amazinggg this top is, the combination of the peanut butter muffin top with the warm gooey jelly swirl and the crunchy salty roasted peanuts on top is just like ahhhhhh-mazingggg! I can’t even describe how this flavor bursts in your mouth and makes all kinds of magic!
Alright now that I told you the cherry on top best part lets talk about the details…
for the jelly swirl, I put the jelly in a plastic bag and snipped the end to make a piping bag. First you fill the peanut butter muffin into the muffin tin then you take the piping bag and insert it about 3/4 of the way down and begin to squeeze the jelly out while making a circular motion at the same time to attempt in making some kind of swirl, then once you get to the top swirl more jelly around the top and don’t skimp! Don’t forget the peanut sprinkles on top either!
As for what kind of jelly you use it really doesn’t matter I just used a grape jelly that I got from Trader Joe’s so it wasn’t sugar free like most of my recipes are but if you really want to keep them 100% refined sugar free you can totally make your own jelly at home if you would like!
For the gluten free flour I use Bob’s Red Mill all purpose gluten free baking flour in the RED package I know I say this all the time but it’s crucial that you get the garbanzo/fava bean blend NOT the rice flour blend which is in a light blue package!
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are:
Sweet and Salty
Moist and Soft
as always if you give these a try be sure to comment and rate it below as well as snap a pic and tag me on social media! 😉
- 1¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill all purpose GF flour in the RED package
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup jelly (grape or strawberry)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (melted if not already runny)
- ⅓ pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup natural apple sauce
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla Almond milk (I use SILK brand)
- 2 TBSP melted vegan butter (I use Earth Balance in the red tub)
- ⅔ TBSP finely chopped peanuts
- pre heat the oven to 360° F and spray a muffin tin with non stick spray.
- add GF flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl.
- in a small bowl add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- melt peanut butter and butter.
- add all wet ingredients except the jelly into the dry ingredients. (almond milk APV mixture, PB, butter, maple syrup, apple sauce)
- mix really well and pour mixture into 7 muffin holes.
- put the jelly into a plastic baggy and snip the end off to create a piping bag. stick the bag into each muffin about ¾ the way down, start to squeeze and make circular motions as you pull up and finish with a swirl on top.
- top each muffin with chopped peanuts and bake for 24 minutes.
- let cool completely (at least 20 minutes) before gently removing them.
- makes about 7 muffins
- store up to 2 days in a sealed container.