These Healthy Blueberry Muffins are super quick and easy to make! They are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and the texture is light and soft!
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS my friends! yep you heard me correctly I said healthy!
If you have been around long enough you will remember my Amazing Blueberry Muffins from before I stated to try and cut out or limit things like sugar and gluten. Those older blueberry muffins are loved by SO many people that make them, actually I think they are one of the most made things from the blog so I had to re-make them!
A few simple substitutions and here we have a healthy refined sugar free and gluten free Healthy Blueberry Muffin! Plus vegan of course but I figured that was obvious. 😉
For the flour I used Bob’s Red Mill all purpose baking flour but make sure you get the one in the Red package because they have a different flour called 1:1 all purpose baking flour in a light blue package and that is NOT the one you want. 😉 That one is made with rice flour and the one we are using today is a garbanzo + fava bean flour mixture. So don’t forget RED package!
The sweetener I used is my favorite- pure maple syrup, it’s natural, its from the earth, it’s processed very little and it’s my go-to for natural sweeteners.
I really think you are going to LOVE these Healthy Blueberry Muffins because they are:
light and airy
soft and moist and tender
healthy, vegan, gluten free, soy free, refined sugar free!
they have blueberries Y-U-M!
if you make these I would love to see them and hear from you so please leave me a comment and rating below as well as snap a pic and tag me on social media! I love connecting with you all!!!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1¾ cups Bob’s Red Mill all purpose baking flour (in the RED package)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries + more for topping if desired)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 TBSP melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup plain unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use SILK brand)
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- pre-heat the oven to 375° F and get a muffin pan, lightly spray or grease them with coconut oil. (I just use a paper towel and dip it in the oil and rub it around each muffin hole)
- first mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- melt coconut oil if it’s not already in liquid form. (I just microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
- mix all dry ingredients except blueberries in a large mixing bowl.
- add all wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- fold in blueberries and pour into muffin holes, this batch makes about 9 muffins. Top with extra blueberries if desired!
- bake for 22 minutes, check by sticking a tooth pic in the center of a muffin and make sure it comes out clean before removing from the oven.
- let COOL COMPLETELY (at least 20 minutes) before gently removing the muffins.
- Store in a sealed container for about 2 days